K-12 Purpose and Goal
The purpose of the Gila River Student Advisor Program is to serve as a supplementary program to meet the specialized and unique needs of GRIC students who are of GRIC descent attending public school. Student Advisors are at school sites to identify student needs, communicate with parents and teachers, monitor and guide students toward an overall successful educational experience.
K-12 Advisors work towards the success of Gila River Indian Community students by montoring academic process, providing information and resources, acting as a liaison and much more.
What We Do:
K-12 Advisors work towards the success of Gila River Indian Community Students by;
- Monitoring students’ academic progress
- Communicating with teachers, parents, and guardians
- Providing information and resources for students
- Guiding students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems related to home and family relations
- Ensuring that the needs and safety of the student are being met
- Addressing truancy
- Acting as a liaison between the schools, agencies, and other entities